Job Title: Business Development Officer - (Bready Ulster-Scots)
Duration: Until 31 st March 2024
Hours: Part Time – (20 hours per week) = 55 days
Responsible to: Bready Ulster-Scots Management team.
Location: Sollus Centre, Bready.
Bready Ulster Scots is a leading community-based Ulster Scots charity based in Bready, County Tyrone who deliver
projects and tuition based around music, dance, language, drama and culture. We are passionate about the work we do
and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
This is an opportunity for a Part-Time Business Development Officer to join the Bready Ulster Scots team in the delivery
of a varied but prescriptive contract. The BDO will work closely with Bready Ulster Scots management, volunteers and
with Enterprise North West to secure new opportunities and income streams. This is a key part of expanding Bready
Ulster Scots’ reach, impact and most importantly sustainability.
As BDO, you will be responsible for supporting the group to create a new strategic action plan, seek tender and funding
opportunities while developing and expanding our social enterprise to generate income.
The BDO will liaise & coordinate all requirements as per ENW proposal while reporting to the Bready Ulster Scots
Strategy Development and Planning
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of BUS's current position, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Define BUS's mission, vision, and short to long-term goals.
- Review of governance i.e., relevant policy’s & finance procedures.
- Implement data collection mechanisms to track and analyse KPIs.
- Use the gathered data to refine strategies and make informed decisions for future initiatives.
Expansion and Sustainability
- Development of Action Planning inclusive of Succession Planning for BUS.
- Identify and coordinate the submission of suitable funding applications.
This Job Description is not intended to comprehensively list the responsibilities of the post, but to indicate the main areas which
at this stage appear to be the essential requirements of the post.
Summary of Main Terms and Conditions
● This is a fixed term Part Time position up until 31st March 2024 (when the post will be reviewed)
For further information; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CV should be returned by Friday 17 th Nov 2023 at 5pm. Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 20 th Nov
2023 with the candidate expected to begin with immediate effect.